Monday, March 27, 2006

The Season is Upon Us

Ahh.....It is baseball season. It is getting warmer on an everyday basis, the sun is shining, the grass is growing.

Baseball is up there among my favorite sports. Yes, I admit, the games can get a little boring sometimes, but the atmosphere is amazing. You have women in tiny shorts and tank tops, beer, nachos, hot dogs, peanuts, beer, sunshine, beer.......

I have secued tickets to one of the last exhibition Rangers games being played at their minor league ballpark up near me on Friday. It is going to be a blast. I have also purchased a ticket for Opening Day on Monday against the Red Sox. I also bought tickets for next Friday and Sunday against the Tigers. Ok, so I went a little crazy. I can't help it if the Rangers play 7 home games in 7 days. 4 of them are against the Tigers. I am probably going to buy tickets for the other two Tigers games, but I want to see how my gimpy foot holds up getting around the ballpark. You can bet your ass I am taking full advantage of all of the handicapped facilities.

One thing I will certainly miss about Texas is baseball. The Frisco Roughriders AA team is about 12 minutes from my place. They have cheap beer and good eats. The Ballpark in Arlington is a bit of a trip for me, has expensive parking and beer, but good deals on tickets. I will definately miss the $1 hot dog night, every Wednesday home game. Not that I am a huge fan of hot dogs, but if I am at a baseball game, I will eat anything for a buck, and maybe even the buck itself.

Spring is officially here and summer is right around the corner. Go Tigers (hahaha).

2 comments:

az said...

sorry about my next post. quite the contrast.

Anonymous said...

Mmmmmmmmm.... baseball.