Wednesday, May 16, 2007

You Better Cenote Mention that Again...

Love me two times girl, one for tomorrow, one just for today.

I’m writing this on a plane. I may look important, but only if they knew the drivel I was writing...

My apologies for my absence from the Blog Alliance. Vegas and Mexico were a lot of fun, but I’m glad to be on my way back. If things go according to plan, I’ll see many of you tonight at the Wednesdee’s concert.

The Wednesdees on Wednesday. Makes sense.

The plane is empty and guess what…no one sat next to me. I’m actually cool with that.

I am rather uninformed on the current news events, but I did see the Pistons could not close out the Bulls at home. Could this be the first year an eight seed beats a one and a team comes back from 3-0 to win a series? It would be interesting if it happened against the two teams David Stern dislikes the most, the Mavericks and the Pistons.

The Pistons will win game six. And the Wings will win game four. A Wings/Senators Stanley Cup Finals would be really fun. The battle for the Ambassador Bridge.

That was stupid.

Too much sports? Too bad.

According to Rolling Stone The Flaming Lips will be have a Broadway adaptation of their 2002 CD, Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots. That will be a must see for me, and JC I’m sure, who was kind enough to introduce me to that CD way back when.

I love ITunes. I spent about an hour and a half editing old pictures from the LA/San Diego/Mexico trip back in ’03. Good times. At some point I’ll get to the 500 or so Europe pictures, but that’s a task I’m just not willing to start right now.

Unfortunately I have watched season three of the Wire already, so I don’t have anything to watch after I’m done typing this. Oh well, music rules.

If anyone ever gets the chance to swim in a cenote, I highly recommend it. Cenote in Mayan means “sacred well” and was considered the connection of the inframundo with the supramundo Gods of the Mayans. A cenote is essentially an underground oasis of freshwater found in the jungles of the Yucatan Peninsula. To the left is a picture of the entrance into the cenote in which I swam.

I have a lot of catching up to do when I get back. My apologies in advance if I’m slower than usual at getting back to folks. I can’t wait to see everyone.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi all

Im a newbie here, although i have been watching on the sidelines for a little while.
Im a part time librarian, love baking and my wesie Daisy. I also am way too excited about Christmas for words!!
I cant wait to get on here some more and 'meet' lots of new people!

Keep smiling, Dennis from [url=http://www.myonlinepayday.com]Personal Loans[/url] website!