Wednesday, May 30, 2007

The Pistons Game Made Me Mad

Drunk teenagers, let’s start a fight, out getting wasted on a Saturday night.

Well Chris pointed out that I was wrong about Dan Crawford. It was Joey Crawford who was suspended for the NBA Playoffs because of his altercation with Tim Duncan. My apologies. However, it doesn’t change how poorly Game 4 of the Eastern Conference was officiated. Drew Gooden tried to take Rasheed Wallace’s head off and gets one technical. Then asked the official (you could read his lips), “How the fuck was that a technical?” He repeated it. Rasheed threw his headband and was Teed up. Daniel Gibson, a rookie out of Texas, shot 12 free throws in Game 4. In Games 1 and 2 he scored a total of nine points. Come on NBA. That was ridiculous.

I was also informed by another friend, DJ, about Joel Plaskett’s new CD, Ashtray Rock yesterday. I’m listening to it now. It has a Joel Plaskett feel (obviously), but I’m not sure it is as good as La De Da and certainly it is now Truthfully, Truthfully. I may change my mind, but right now I give it 3/5 stars…if I awarded stars and reviewed albums…I don’t though. Or maybe now I do.

Keeping with the music theme. Mark this date now: July 14th. The Wednesdees and Dave Carducci at the Berkley Front in Berkley, Mi.

Michigan State will have new football uniforms to start the 2007 campaign. The home uniforms will be green on white with a new font Michigan State across the front. There will be no names on the back of the jerseys and the number one will still not be used. The away uniforms are the classy white on white. The helmets will essentially be the same, but now with a broad white stripe down the middle and the Spartan head on each side. So the green on green and white on green are gone. Good. Get back to the classic look. I hated the white on green away uniforms. The green on green were fun, but the classic Spartan look is a lot better. Dantonio is already making good decisions.

I’m still upset about that Pistons game last night. Complete bologna.

Fred Thompson, a former Senator from Tennessee and the District Attorney on Law and Order, is thinking of running for President. Huh…well I’m just happy he’ll be off of Law and Order. Explain to me how a man with a Southern accent would ever, ever be elected District Attorney in Manhattan. It would not happen. Dick Wolfe and the writers decided to give Law and Order a hard conservative attitude after Steven Hill’s (Adam Schiff) well-liked and liberal character left. The show kinda got stupid after that too.

I have sounded rather angry in this post. I’m sorry. I’m not that angry. Except for that damn Pistons game.

Anyone else have anything interesting to add? Sorry I really don’t. My cat, Ozkar, has crystals in his bladder and that’s why he has been urinating out of his litter box at times. The Vet is very expensive. Anyhoo…time to make the donuts.

5 comments:

JC said...

My Jeep died. Fucking drat! I hate post offices, and parking lots. Tomorrow is going to be a not so fun day of trying to figure out adult problems. I hope work understands that I am not going to be there for very long if at all. (Ever)

Looking forward to seeing AZ in the EL tomorrow, if that is still a plan Stan.

Anyone else want to join? I have Friday off of work and I am upset about life's shortcomings. It could be an interesting night. Plus El Az. Need I say more. I should shut up. I will.

Now.

JC said...

Oh yeah, where is weatherman Morgan with the weekend forecast?

JC said...

Oh yeah, I hate tow truck drivers too.

Anonymous said...

Saturday will be blizzardy and hot with a 70% chance of acid reflux.

az said...

blizzard and a 70% chance of reflux...yowsers!

see you tomorrow (later today) jc...sorry about your car, that's gotta suck.