Thursday, May 10, 2007

Dropping the Ball

Theblogalliance has been dropping the ball. Actually, it has been I who have dropped the ball. AZ is on vacation in Las Vegas and Mexico.

I survived my hellacious overtime schedule at work. Although I get paid overtime, it is still a crazy thing to do what I did. Last week the total was 82 hours. This week, I have only worked late once. It is kinda nice.

On Tuesday, I was packing my bag and getting ready to go home. I received a phone call. It was Emily. She was in town and her friend Madelyn was here from her recent move to California. Although I had high hopes to be productive and maybe even hit up the gym, I couldn't refuse. It was an unhealthy choice, but I couldn't refuse. It was gorgeous outside. We did the patio scene, with Troppo, Harpers, and Dublin. Sandy, the epic former boss joined us. Amidst crab rangoons, boneless buffalo wings, spinach pizza, and salmon rolls, we were blissfully gluttonous. Washing it down with some Oberon, raspberry wheats, and black and tans really hit the spot.

Thanks Em and Maddie for reminding me that there is a life outside of my office> I Hope that AZ is having fun in Mexico, EZ is having fun in Orlando, and JC is having fun in East Lansing. It is pretty much summertime in the EL. That is the best time there is here.

I apologize for the terrible post today. I have to run to work!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

82 hours is just insane. How does overtime work when you top 80 hours? Do you get paid 2.25 times your normal pay?

Anonymous said...

im jealous. not of the insane work week, but of taking advantage of tuesday. i sat in my office for 16 hours or so writing a 16 page take home exam. but, fuck it, now im done. we should play some tennis if you are back on a normal work schedule.

hi scott

JC said...

I am on a normal work schedule.....or as normal as it can be. I think tennis would be lovely. Let me quick and drop 30 lbs. so it can be competitive. Congrats on being done!

Hi Scott indeed. I just get straight time overtime on top of my salary for most projects. Sometimes I get time and a half for some consulting work. That makes me happy!