Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Anaheim, more like Anacrime

Big me to talk about it, I could stand to prove, If we can get around it I know that it’s true.

(I know it's a childish headline. It's supposed to be.)

Thank you for the enthusiasm Herr Ott. But I guess it wasn’t in the cards for the Wings to win that series. It's still a crime, the Ducks won though. Anaheim got all the bounces. A crazy game five bounce off of Lidstrom’s stick and the first goal in game six going off a player’s skate. The Wings made a game of it late in game six and had the puck bounce in front of the goal three times, but no luck. It’s sad because Detroit should have won the series in five after completely dominating games four and five. I guess that’s the way the NHL wants it. The inferior team moves to the Stanley Cup Finals. It is a little bit of sour grapes on my part, sure, but once again I’m entirely uninterested in these finals. I won’t watch one minute. The Ducks do not deserve to be there.

How weird was it that both the Tigers and Red Wings made late game comebacks against the Anaheim Angles and Ducks, only to eventually lose?

That’s not weird, that just stinks.

Lost season finale is tonight. Two hours. Should be intense. And good.

The same physicians who demonstrated the increased risk of myocardial infarction (heart attack) in patients on the Merck drug, Vioxx, have now shown similar risks with a diabetic medication, Avandia. A meta-analysis of Avandia studies showed an increased trend of MI’s in those patients on the medication versus those not taking the medication. What confuses me is diabetes is considered a coronary artery disease (CAD) risk equivalent, meaning an individual with diabetes is treated the same way as someone with CAD. Thus, an individual with diabetes is already at a very elevated risk for a MI. Does Avandia increase the risk beyond that of anyone with diabetes? I’m assuming it must, because of the reaction by The New England Journal of Medicine. However, this issue was not explicitly discussed.

Congratulations to Chris! He is a lawyer. Awesome.

The Wednesdees have another show lined up. It’s this Saturday May 26 in Hamtramck at the Painted Lady. The show starts at 9.00 PM and is located at 2390 Jacob
Hamtramck, MI 48212. Mapquest it and go. I’m excited because I missed the last show and this show I’ll get to use my new camera too. I propose a get together before the show and then another after. What do ya’ll think?

Trying to find a new place to live is so hard. I know JC is going through it too, but he is looking places much farther away than me. It’s a tiring process.

Spring is such a great time of year. I need to take full advantage of it.

Holy Foo Fighters! My ITunes has played six songs this morning by the Dave Grohl band. Good stuff.

Have a great Memorial Day weekend everyone! Hopefully I’ll see most of you Saturday.

No comments: