Tuesday, August 08, 2006

First Night in the Big D.

I realize that I miss Dallas. A lot!

It was a long trip getting here yesterday. I can't complain, because I was bumped up to first class. It is nice being an elite member. You know what that means. Free booze. I treated my flights to Dallas like a day in Vegas. Capping it off with some crazy irish coffees. I told them to make me an irish coffee with Bailey's and throw a shot of Jameson in too. It was delicious.

I made it there and rented a Jeep. It is better than my Jeep because it is the real thing. I made it to the Hilton Suites and was just going to crash. Something inside of me told me to go out for a nightcap though. Maybe it was the previous alcohol. So, I listened to my inner self. I am glad that I did.

I went to a very nice low key bar, somewhat near my hotel. I didn't want to be driving too far. I walk in and sit down at the bar. It is relatively empty, since it is a Monday night. Down the bar I see two guys, looking like they were having a good time. I realize that they have familiar faces. After figuring out who they were I approached them. They didn't seem to mind.

It was Jason Terry and Josh Howard from the Mavs. We talked about Maurice Ager and how exciting and athletic he is. We also talked about Chauncy. Turns out the guy is an ass on the court. Maybe they are just mad that he is normally schooling them. I also learned that Josh Howard is a taurus. He was born just two days before me. Those two days must have made a huge difference, since he is insanely more successful than I will ever be.

Regardless, they mentioned that they were enjoying being in a place where no one recognized them, that is until I came along. I was taking the hint and moving along, when they said they were just kidding and bought me a shot. Then another shot. Needless to say, it was a hell of a nightcap.

I made sure I texted Brooke since I knew she would be insanely jealous. I think she was. I was going to take a few pictures of them and send them to her, but how would that have really looked?

I am struggling today a bit, but am starting to regain myself.

It makes me miss Dallas.

On the other hand, it is hot as shit!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is the coolest story ever. I'm super jealous!

Anonymous said...

I hung out with the Pope, Ernest Hemingway, and John Rocker today. What's up now?

Anonymous said...

jon you were right... i was jealous and you never did hook a sister up. come on you could at least have found out if they were single or not for me! :) well i looked it up anyways and found out howard is single and terry is married. next time i want a picture to prove it, just make up some insane story of why youre taking the picture, i'm sure you'd make up some great story and then they'd love you even more. jk

but that is pretty awesome and again i am jealous, so when i go to Dallas you have to tell me where to go to find these people b/c i am a stalker

JC said...

you are a stalker.

How is Josh Boone?

Anonymous said...

that is funny as well.

Anonymous said...

i hate josh boone, specifically because of you