Friday, August 04, 2006

Better Late Than Never!

Today was one word.....tired.

Last night the infamous David Carducci played at the Dolce Vita in good old M-Town. It is a long way to come, and I am really glad that he was able to get a show in. Everyone there loved it! Rob Robinson lent some extra old school flavor accompanying Dave on bass.

It was a lovable mix of original material, with a few songs that I personally have not heard before, (excellence) and even more lovable (sing-a-long) covers. There was some Elliot Smith, Weezer, Sloan, STP, and much, much more.

The night started as such.......I was told the show was at 8:00. I wanted to get a seat, so I got there early and enjoyed some wonderful Tiramisu. I also had a few "Gin and Tonics". These turned out to be gin martinis. Oh well.

The show was at 9, but there were no worries.

A bit of a crowd gathered. You had the Carduccis, Daniels, Kohler, Karen, Morgan, Jacob, Andy, Jeni, DJ, and countless others whom I haven't seen in a long time.

As the night went on, the crowd thinned out as the people who were rocked out went off to bed. After that, the show turned up a notch. It was sing-a-long central with crowd pleasing tunes.

There were many random requests. Slayer, Great White, El Scorcho, Leave the Biker, etc., etc.

On a more personal note, I realized that there can be an anomaly to the female race. For a while, it actually seemed like someone was interested in me. I am sure she was being overly nice, but I enjoyed it more than anyone (even those who know my pathetic life) could imagine. I mean, who wouldn't bite on a little She-Ra conversation? It is too bad that I will never see the adorable blond ever again. Would it kill me to even make a friend who I can enjoy some random text messages with, or even a random meeting? Instead, even pondering it, makes me feel like I am some sort of stalker weirdo. Sorry. She is honestly the most adorable girl ever. I just smile. Then I go to bed, knowing I am a loser.

Back to reality. Unofficial official party / outing invitations were given out to whomever I talked to for Emily's Law School going away party. This will be occuring on Saturday, August 12th. It will probably consist of some cheap drinks in the E.L. Lou Ha's will most likely be the beginning point. Depending on how many people come, and how my roommates feel, my place will be the final resting spot.

To begin to make a long story short, I got home at 3:30am. I got up for work at 6:30 and am trying to stay awake now to make a coherent thought. It isn't working.

Now, to summarize. For those of you who left early and couldn't stay until the end. Feel free to ask. Clarifications are probably available.

400 miles, new phone, JMAC, Tiffany's, Bombay Saphire, holy canoli, Lisa Loeb & the Nine Stories, ai yi yi yi yi, the human incarnation of the previously existing only in blogger world of Lommerse, suspicion, the adorable Ang, Red Lobster, baby seats, interpretive penis dance, "drop that cigarette and ride me, damnit!", bareback, brokeback, look mom, no hands, infestuous smiles, (sorry!-the sore EZ post party), driving, driving, more driving, sleep.

I forgot tons, forgive me. Please feel free to add your favorite moments that I neglected.

Goodnight to all and to all a good night.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey it's a going away party for Em and I!

JC said...

You did make the summary my friend. Yes, girl at the bar. No, Matt's wedding.

Guys who aren't comfortable on the dance floor can get lots of tail too, if they want to.

Anonymous said...

I'm still waiting for a blog of Andy's drunk text messages from Saturday!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that the entire Blog Alliance made it to Dolce Vita. I felt honoured by their presence.