Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Beanie Babies

Two days in Bean Town.

$30/day parking. Rediculous construction and thus traffic woes. Funny accents. Nice people.

Boston is a good town. I have been pretty busy, but have had a chance to hang out downtown a bit. I am ready to abandon my car for public transportation. It wouldn't be so bad, but the power outlet in the car broke, so my iPod is useless. Damn battery powered things!

Let me take take two steps back though.

The flights........I stand firm on my idea to let you be able to pick hwo you sit next to. It would be like online dating, for a few hours at a time, but not as dumb, or well, dumb.

I was delayed out of Lansing. It is always stupid when that happens, since it was a 19 minute flight this time to Detroit. Oh well, I still had a little time in Detroit to have a beer (yes at 9:30 am). Then, there was a smooth flight to Boston, until our initial decent. The captain got on the radio and said we were going to expreience some moderate turbulance shortly. Well, not 45 seconds later, I thought the plane was going down. It was the second worst turbulence I have ever had. The return flight from Hawaii was worse, but I was too tottied up to care. After about 5 minutes, it was all over and then we landed. While I was waiting for my rental car to be ready, I was standing outside talking to a guy. Turns out he was on my flight, and in the bathroom during the craziness. He said it was nuts...I just laughed.

I am actually a little busier than I thought I would be. Just some financial issues with these taxpayers out of here.

The weather has been beautiful. Sunny and 70s.

Speaking of beautiful..... The TJX Company is where I want to work. They deal with TJ Maxx and their affiliates. I did an audit for one of their distribution centers today. WHile they made me wait for a half an hour before I met with my contact, I couldn't help but notice that every girl who walked into that office was outrageously beautiful. I was actually glad that they made me wait and it was the morning when everyone was showing up to work. Damn Gina!

My ear has finally healed and I am not going to be deaf. I had a little accident with a Q-Tip the other morning and put myself through excruciating pain. So much for multi-tasking. I was only afraid for a day or two that I had permanently damaged my hearing. OK. I can hear. I can hear that you are bored with my pointmess stories.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

your story has an important point.

tj maxx is cool. and don't use q-tips.

actually that's two points.

Anonymous said...

I love Boston... you should check out Harvard while you there. It's a beautiful campus and pretty fun town as far as the bar scene goes (at least from what i remember).

hey you going to be back for the weekend or are you staying in boston?

Anonymous said...

I can completely relate to your bad Q-tip experience. Never try to brush your teeth and clean your ears simultaneously.