Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Apathy Breeds Electronic Beats

I just realized today is Wednesday. I have been trying to post a blog every Wednesday (I don’t know why), but today I’m just feeling really apathetic. I’ll make this short and that way no one will get diarrhea from long blogs.

People are still talking about Michigan State’s fourth quarter collapse. Please stop for the love of my aching heart.

Matthew Kyle Quinn will make a quick pit stop in M-Town Thursday evening. It will be a prelude to the Thanksgiving Eve party. All who are able should attend or face the wrath of the beer gods. Don’t worry they don’t exist; just like the real God…seriously the latter part was a joke. Then David Ralph Carducci will be returning to Monroe late this week/early next week. The next couple of weeks are going to be very exciting.

Sloan has a new 30 song CD that was released this past Tuesday. That’s right 30 songs! I went to seven different stores today searching for the disc, but couldn’t find it. Windsor here I come!

Apparently the Red Wings and the NHL have started the pre-season. It’s sad; I’m not even sure who is wearing the “C” this year for the Wings.

I am honestly afraid of the double-speak that the Bush administration uses. Now the new legislation over torturing uses that same 1984 logic. And how can President Bush not know what “outrages to human dignity” means?

I have been so bored lately I started writing electronic music with the pre-recorded loops on my Garage Band. Now I’m trying to record my real music. Either way it will all sound like someone farting underwater in a funnel attached to an eel’s nostril.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

the new sloan album is good. I love the idea of a lot of short songs...especially when most of them are pleasant to listen to.

by the way, I think john davis' album is very good. I like it better than gardrepus' last album. it is a little hard to swallow at first, but the music is excellent.

impeach government!

Anonymous said...

yeah, what i've heard of the sloan album it sounds very good. i have heard most of jay's song, their first single and i like it a lot. it seems like a throw back to the one chord to another/navy blues era.

i haven't really listened to the whole john davis stuff, just his very limited things on myspace. the music sounded good, but the lyrics sound like evangelical propaganda, like pat robertson wrote the lyrics and jerry falwell produced the cd. i'll give it another listen because i did like the sound.

i agree impeach government!

Anonymous said...

I didn't think his lyrics came off as evangelical propaganda at all. In fact I didn't see it as preachy at all. the songs are actually quite personal with an inward focus(this is why I don't review music). I don't see even the slightest connection to jerry or pat. although I have been long awaiting the jerry falwell lo-fi album entitled, "you're all going to hell."

Anonymous said...

thanks andy...there goes my surprise.
wait for me to go to windsor. i know you want it now, but you have to wait.
are we talking about the new Korn album? cause i think that there lyrics are incredibly evangelical.

Anonymous said...

sloan sucks. pass it on.